In celebration of the Three Penny Taproom’s First Anniversary, on Saturday, May 1, 2010 the Taproom will host the First Annual “Montbeerlier Festival”. Montbeerlier will be held under a tent in the Onion River Sports parking lot on Langdon Street, Montpelier from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Along with house-made sausages on the grill and live music from Primate Fiasco from 6:00-8:30, the main attraction will be approximately 12 different cask conditioned beers (or “firkins”).
Expected casks and other special beer available at this event to include:
- Hill Farmstead Abner- A Double IPA (this is the public premier of Shaun Hill’s 2nd awesome beer from the new brewery)
- Trapp Family Brewery Bourbon Barrel Bock- Aged in Heaven Hill Bourbon barrels (I’ve tasted, heaven in a glass)
- Trapp Family Brewery Helles Lager
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids Weiss-K- Sean’s Weiss beer poured out of a gravity Firkin
- Otter Creek Russian Imperial Stout- A fresh batch of RIS with added Oak Staves that were soaked in Port wine!
- Stone Double Dry-Hopped Ruination
- Stone Vanilla Oaked Smoked Porter
- Berkshire Brewing Imperial Stout
- Smuttynose Brown Dog Dry-Hopped with Sterlings
- Stoudt’s American Pale Ale
- Stoudt’s Scarlet Lady ESB
- In the taproom, we have decided to dig deep in the caverns of our basement for some aged goodies to put on tap, so expect to be blown away!
To go along with these, Joey and Jake will be churning out fresh sausages, plus the good folks from Vermont Butter & Cheese Company will be here to give out free samples of their beautiful cheeses! The tickets will cost $5 a piece or 5 for $20, and will be worth either a beer or a sausage, what a deal, four beers and a homemade sausage sandwich for $20!!! And to top it all off, The Primate Fiasco will be tickling your earbuds starting around 6:30
View Larger Map