Feeding America – Go Orange Campaign
Take Action Against Hunger This September and Go Orange
September is Hunger Action Month, when the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks unites to urge individuals to take action in their communities. The goal of Hunger Action Month is to mobilize the public to act on behalf of Feeding America and our food bank network. It is our opportunity to create a movement throughout September that has a real and lasting impact on our mission to help end hunger in America.
This September, join the Vermont Foodbank, Feeding America and Together, We Can Solve Hunger™. As individuals, charities, businesses and government, we all have a role to play in getting food to those in need.
Take Action to Help Solve Hunger
How can you help? This September, we are asking you to take simple actions.
Take Action Online:
- Donate your status and share your local hunger statistics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Change your Facebook icon to this. Orthis.
- Change your Facebook cover image to the “Together we can solve hunger” image. Or the “Be a part of the solution to end hunger” image.
- Like Feeding America and the Vermont Foodbank on Facebook
- Invite your Member of Congress to visit your local food bank
- Pledge to stay in touch with the Vermont Foodbank
Take Action In Your Community:
- Display the Go Orange poster at your business.
- Wear orange on September 5th.
- Volunteer at the Vermont Foodbank
- TAKE the 3SquaresVT/SNAP Challenge and live on just $4.50 a day, the daily average per person benefit.
- Sell limited edition orange Vermont Foodbank euro stickers for $1 and help create 3 meals for your neighbors in need.
Go Orange Campaign
Are you are a business or organization interested in Going Orange during September? Orange is the color of the anti-hunger movement. To show their support in the fight against hunger during Hunger Action Month, business owners and organizations in cities and towns across America will Go Orange for the month of September. Here are some ways you can get involved.
- Sell Orange: Businesses can sell limited edition orange Vermont Foodbank bird stickers for $1. Each purchase will help the Foodbank provide 3 meals for our neighbors in need.
- Use Orange: Businesses can decorate their storefronts and display windows in the coloe orange to show their support in the fight against hunger.
- Share Orange: Use an orange profile or cover photo on your Facebook page for the month of September. Also make sure to “like” the Vermont Foodbank and share our Hunger Action updates to help spread the word.
- Wear Orange: Join food banks and businesses nationwide in taking action against hunger by wearing orange on Thursday, September 5th.
If you are a business or organization interested in Going Orange during September, please complete the Go Orange Form or download the form here. Stephani Kononan, our Marketing & Promotions Manager, will follow up with you soon. If you have questions, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-477-4121.
The following Vermont businesses participated in previous Go Orange Campaigns:
* indicates 2013 participants
Antique Mansion B&B, Rutland*
Bagitos Bagel and Burrito Café, Montpelier*
Barre Opera House, Barre*
Bear Pond Books, Montpelier*
Bob’s Camera & Video, Barre*
Brattleboro Food Co-op, Brattleboro*
Buch Spieler, Montpelier*
Burrows Specialized Sports
Capital Stationers, Montpelier*
Central Market, Rutland*
Clean Slate Café
Coffee Exchange, Rutland*
Dewey Cafeteria at Vermont College of Fine Arts
Elliot Street Café
Espresso Bueno, Barre*
Exile on Main Street, Barre*
First in Fitness, Berlin*
First in Fitness, Montpelier*
Global Gifts, Montpelier*
Grafton Village Cheese Co.
Kitchen Sync, Brattleboro*
La Brioche Bakery and Café, Montpelier*
Linden Gardens, Brattleboro*
Mad Taco, Montpelier*
Montpelier Pharmacy, Montpelier*
National Life Group Cafeteria
NECI on Main, Montpelier*
New England Culinary Institute’s Administrative Office, Montpelier*
Once Upon a Time Toys, Stowe*
One More Time
Onion River Kids, Montpelier*
Onion River Sports, Montpelier*
Paramount Center, Rutland*
Petals & Things
Pinky’s on State, Montpelier*
Postive Pie 2
Rivendell Books, Montpelier*
Shin La Restaurant & Sushi Bar, Brattleboro*
Simply Subs, Barre*
Simply Subs, Montpelier*
Sovernet Communications, Bellows Falls*
Sweet Melissa’s, Montpelier*
The Book Garden
The Knitting Studio
The Shoe Horn Boutique, Montpelier*
The Works Bakery Café
Three Penny Taproom
Vermont Artisan Designs, Brattleboro*
West Hill Shop
Woodbury Mountain Toys, Montpelier*
Zutanos Children’s Clothing