Bloggers Unite For Hunger And Hope
Today I am joining thousands of others bloggers and writing a post about world hunger. The sheer number of people not only around the world, but right here in Vermont that will be “celebrating”… if they can get enough to eat today, tomorrow and the next day… is overwhelming. The statistics behind this huge problem are absolutely staggering:
• Right now, more than 500 million people are living in “absolute poverty” and more than 15 million children die of hunger every year.
• The World Health Organization estimates that one-third of the population is underfed and another third is starving.
• Even in the United States, 46 percent of African-American children and 49 percent of Latino children are considered chronically hungry.
For information about how you can help:
- Nationally – http://feedingamerica.org
- Within Vermont – http://www.vtfoodbank.org
Make a Difference – Fight Hunger
Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.